A New Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Genesis

There's a new enemy and the war is bigger than ever.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

beginning of the end: the first mission

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja77

beginning of the end: the first mission Empty
PostSubject: beginning of the end: the first mission   beginning of the end: the first mission I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:38 am

beginning of the end: the first mission Tourin12

It's just after midnight, it's raining and thundering something feirce tonight, we don't usually get weather like this. maybe it's a sign and if it is, something tells me that it's not a good one. no wonder my stomach is turning in knots right now and i know it's not cuz of this mission, it's cuz of this team.

[color=white]BISHOP picks his head up and starts looking at his team he looks at lizard and thinks to himself that he might be the only creature that he can trust on this plane he looks at (the ferral) she's got what it takes to be on this team but she lacks focus he looks at (the demon) she's a natural born leader but she lacks confidence in her discisions sometimes he looks at the vampire and thinks that she feels that she should be 2nd in command but he knows that she's not ready yet.

BISHOP looks over at wolf who feels that he should be the alpha dog in this pack which is starring right at him intensly and calmly, BISHOP knows exactly what wolf is thinking, he's thinking that he should be the leader of this team theres so much tension in the air and it has nothing to do with the dangerous mutant that there all about to engage every has there own agendas for being on this team everyone has a feeling towards everyone one else on the team and everyone has a weapon, not that they would need it in order to be dangerous cuz they already are, one minute to the drop zone the pilot says.

Everyone starts checking there gear again, except wolf and BISHOP who are locked in a stare down from one side of the plane to the other and it's so intense that the other team members can't help but notice it then soon the whole plane is paused, frozen with anticipation and axiety about who's gonna make the first move in this stand still so BISHOP continue's to stare into the animalistic eyes of wolf.

BISHOP: problem?

then wolf smiles, laughs

WOLF: the strength of the Pack is the Wolf

BISHOP smiles

BISHOP: and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack

LIZARD: words by Rudyard Kipling, humm interesting

the plane is silent, the pilot says 30 seconds to the drop zone! WOLF and BISHOP stand up face to face

WOLF: well try not to get yourself killed

BISHOP: and same to you.

BISHOP: so as far as we know theirs only one mutant in that facility and it's a big place, so i'd better split up the team to cover more ground but can the team get along long enough to catch this mutant before it catches us. theirs no way i can put vamp, dem and wolf on the same team, they'll just be at each others throats, literally. liz has no problem working with either kat or dem, and i guess dem can get along with kat for the most part, so that just leaves wolf, vamp and myself, looks like i'll have to be the buffer between 2 species of beings that's been locked in an everlasting war for the past few thousand years, well this should be a walk in the park, man, being the leader sucks.

alright team, this is not a drill, this is real and were going in hot. vamp, wolf your with me dem, take kat and liz and go in from the rear and will all meet in the center of the facility

the plane lands in the designated drop zone just a few feet from the entrance of the facility.
ok team, com links on and eyes & ears open, lets do this by the book, move out. the unit splits off into two teams and takes their positions at the entrance and exit of the center. so far everything looks abandoned and the power seems to be out but the back up generator is still running. as both teams prepare to move into position and enter the center an erie quietness suddenly emerges and everyone wether they admit it or not can fell it.

Bishop walks slowly toward the door and with each step he can feel his heart beating louder and louder, bishop places his hand on the door and slowly pushes the door open and immediately notices the hallways littered with bodies of the scientist and guards who worked here. this gruesome sight would horrify anyone else but for wolf and vamp the sight of mangled bodies with the overwhelming stench of blood and death in the air just adds to the excitement of the hunt for them. but somethings wrong, by the amount of scattered bodies here this all couldn't have been done by one mutant. then it dawns on bishop that his team isn't dealing wit an escaped mutant but he's now dealing with a mutant outbreak and that everyone that was in this building is either dead or a mutant, so this is no longer a just one mutant threat but possibly a building full of mutants.

meanwhile on the other side of the facility it's the same discovery, human remains everywhere. bishop tries to contact dem on the com link but the storm is affecting communications and bishop heard was dead silence. without knowing what happened to the others the team decide to stick to the plan and continue to the center of the facility. bishop and his team reaches the elevator which is not working without the main power so they managed to pry the doors open to an empty elevator shaft which they have to go down into about 300 feet down into.

Last edited by Ninja77 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:06 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
xoDaniDoll
Admin
xoDaniDoll

PostSubject: Re: beginning of the end: the first mission   beginning of the end: the first mission I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:33 pm

beginning of the end: the first mission 300

Glowing green eyes focused intensely on the human seated right across from her, her thoughts racing from the sight and smell of him. It was taking an extreme amount of self-control to keep from leaping at him and attacking his neck right there. Blood, human blood, it was all she could smell. It was driving her senses wild. In whose right mind did it seem like a smart idea to put these two together, to put any of this team together? The Council...what a load of bullshit. This would never work, none of this would ever work. Enemies and victims on the same team working together. Had Laila not been so mesmerized by the human, she would have been staring down the werewolf with hatred. How could she focus on the mission?

After looking at the human for what seemed to be forever, she noticed his head turn to her. She couldn't say what he was thinking or why he was staring at her. She couldn't say that she really cared. All she knew was that his scent was driving her crazy and if she continued to let it control her, this mission and her "team" would be brought down. More importantly, she would let down her race. She couldn't do that to them. They were counting on her. She was one of the strongest, most intelligent of her kind. That's why they chose her. She couldn't let an insignificant human affect her as much as he was.

"One minute to the drop zone." The pilot's voice broke through her train of thought.

Laila patted herself down in two swift motions. Once on the left, once on the right as she made sure her lightly armored suit was in check. Then her weapon, clean and ready to go. Everything was fine, but was she? Even if she wasn't, she knew she wasn't the only one. There they were, the human and werewolf staring each other down. Tension, there was so much tension. She was not the only one setting her mission as a second priority.

As the plane grew closer to the drop zone, the human took position as the leader. It was unbelievable that he would be the leader out of all of them. So weak in race, but strong in knowledge.

"Vamp, wolf, you're with me."

Was he fucking crazy? "Me and the werewolf? Such great leadership skills, human. Put the mutt with me," she scoffed.

beginning of the end: the first mission Demon-1

The storm outside was relentless, as relentless as the mutant force they were pursuing. A team of misfits, that's what they all were. They were enemies driven together by a Council in hopes of destroying a common enemy. Was it a bad idea or a good idea? Anastasia wasn't sure. Enemies, ready to rip at each other's throats. Tension coursing through everyone's veins. But without this team, they would all fall to the hands of the mutants. They were so much more dangerous than any of those that sat in the plane, than any of those that previously fought for power. The mutants only wanted death and destruction. They had no minds, no plans. They only followed the insane will of their queen.

She was smarter than most, calmer than most, especially for her demon race. She understood what needed to be done. She understood that everything depended upon this team. This team had to be successful. Of course, she didn't like it. The idea never did interest her, but she hesitantly agreed for the sake of someone very important to her. She would not let these mutants win. She would tolerate this arrangement until it was beneficial.

"Dem, take cat and liz and go from the rear and we'll all meet in the center of the facility."

It would be their first mission working as a team. It was time to do or die. Her face expressionless, she locked eyes with the human and nodded in obedience. She couldn't complain about her team, but the other team was noticeably causing tension as she heard the comment of the vampire. Anastasia glanced at the human quickly before turning to the vampire. "Vampire, I had thought you to be much more sophisticated, the best of your kind. You wouldn't let something as small as working with a werewolf stop you from proving that fact, would you? The future depends on us. I know you don't want to be the one who ruins it all." The vampire's response was short and laced with venom.

"I won't, demon."

Her face still blank, ruby orbs flickered to her team. "Alright. You two, let's go. Be silent, stay alert. And most importantly, keep focused on the mission. We don't have time for nonsense."

beginning of the end: the first mission Riyo__rl__by_andralexis-d32uv6f300

Blonde locks teased her nose each time she pulled them away. Defiant little buggers, weren't they? But it was alright, that was how Rayna was consuming her time. The plane ride was extremely boring. For a group of races that all didn't get along well, there was certainly nothing interesting going on. It wasn't to say that if a fight broke out, it would have been a good thing, but it would have been much more amusing then the silence and the amount of stares everyone gave another.

Impatient, so impatient. When would they make it to the drop zone? She was dying for a fight, dying to get out of this place. She was itching with excitement. The girl didn't fear battle, didn't fear the mutants, and didn't much care for the politics of it all. It was all very simple for her. The mutants are enemies and she defeated her enemies.

The silence was finally broken by that of the pilot with good news. They were getting close to the drop zone. Checking her gear, she made sure her uzi was in working order. She even gave herself a few moments to do some quick stretching. She needed to be in tip top shape after all. A cross between a smirk and a grin stay plastered on her face until they reached the drop zone and orders were given. "I'm gonna get that mutant bastard," she spoke with a childish confidence that betrayed her adult appearance.

Back to top Go down
https://anewgenesis.board-directory.net
Ninja77

PostSubject: Re: beginning of the end: the first mission   beginning of the end: the first mission I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:34 am

beginning of the end: the first mission Tourin12

BISHOP: so as far as we know theirs only one mutant in that facility and it's a big place, so i'd better split up the team to cover more ground but can the team get along long enough to catch this mutant before it catches us. theirs no way i can put vamp, dem and wolf on the same team, they'll just be at each others throats, literally. liz has no problem working with either kat or dem, and i guess dem can get along with kat for the most part, so that just leaves wolf, vamp and myself, looks like i'll have to be the buffer between 2 species of beings that's been locked in an everlasting war for the past few thousand years, well this should be a walk in the park, man, being the leader sucks.

alright team, this is not a drill, this is real and were going in hot. vamp, wolf your with me dem, take kat and liz and go in from the rear and will all meet in the center of the facility
[/color]

the plane lands in the designated drop zone just a few feet from the entrance of the facility.
ok team, com links on and eyes & ears open, lets do this by the book, move out. the unit splits off into two teams and takes their positions at the entrance and exit of the center. so far everything looks abandoned and the power seems to be out but the back up generator is still running. as both teams prepare to move into position and enter the center an erie quietness suddenly emerges and everyone wether they admit it or not can fell it.

Bishop walks slowly toward the door and with each step he can feel his heart beating louder and louder, bishop places his hand on the door and slowly pushes the door open and immediately notices the hallways littered with bodies of the scientist and guards who worked here. this gruesome sight would horrify anyone else but for wolf and vamp the sight of mangled bodies with the overwhelming stench of blood and death in the air just adds to the excitement of the hunt for them. but somethings wrong, by the amount of scattered bodies here this all couldn't have been done by one mutant. then it dawns on bishop that his team isn't dealing wit an escaped mutant but he's now dealing with a mutant outbreak and that everyone that was in this building is either dead or a mutant, so this is no longer a just one mutant threat but possibly a building full of mutants.

meanwhile on the other side of the facility it's the same discovery, human remains everywhere. bishop tries to contact dem on the com link but the storm is affecting communications and bishop heard was dead silence. without knowing what happened to the others the team decide to stick to the plan and continue to the center of the facility. bishop and his team reaches the elevator which is not working without the main power so they managed to pry the doors open to an empty elevator shaft which they have to go down into about 300 feet down into.

Back to top Go down
xoDaniDoll
Admin
xoDaniDoll

PostSubject: Re: beginning of the end: the first mission   beginning of the end: the first mission I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:14 am

As they finally hit the drop zone, the air surrounding the team changed. Once uncomfortable due to the lack of companionship within their team, now each and every one of them was experiencing that familiar feeling of adrenaline pumping through their veins. It was time to move, time to fight. The creatures reached for their comm links at the request of their leader and then split off to their destinations, prepared for whatever they were about to face.

beginning of the end: the first mission 300

The vampire followed closely behind the human, her assault rifle cocked and ready to blast whatever came within her sight. Eyes alert, she watched as the human slowly opened the door. Once it was open, her senses were immediately flooded with the scent of blood, lots of it. Bodies lay messily across the floor of the long narrow hallway. Large pools of blood stained the floor. Bloody handprints decorated the walls and severed limbs were scattered across the floor. Her boots clacked lightly against the once perfectly white tiles of the facility before coming in contact with the missing hand of a body only feet away. "It looks like we've got a party now," Laila stated with a smirk. The mission suddenly became a lot more fun for the vampire. Less survivors to worry about, more bodies to blast.

Her rifle in position, she walked through the dead bodies, her heels clacking once more with each careful step. The laser sight of her gun hit every crevice of that hallway as they made it to a powerless elevator. Within moments, the door had been pried open revealing nothing but a dark, empty elevator shaft. Her eyes perfectly accustomed to darkness, she was able to see some distance down. "We've got a long way to go. Don't fall." Her voice was cocky and mocked the other two on her team although she knew the werewolf would be just fine. The human's lack of true night vision would be the only concern.

Replacing her gun to its holster, Laila eyed the service ladder attached to the shaft's wall. Only a small jump was needed before she was climbing her way down the cold metal ladder. She didn't wait for her team, instead decided to take lead as she made the distance to the necessary floor quite easily. Hopping from the ladder to the edge of the elevator door, Laila pulled it open with ease and set foot into an empty and T-shaped corridor. There were three halls, one on each of her sides and one in front of her. Suspicious eyes flickered between the hallways. They were dimly lit, but she could tell well enough that there were no bodies or signs of death.

But it was quiet, too quiet...

A scream ripped through the air as she heard rustling from up above her. Within seconds, chunks of ceiling fell to the ground, a mutant lunging through it to get to the vampire. Her reflexes kicking in immediately, the red dot appeared upon the mutant's forehead, the bullets piercing the creature's head in mere seconds. The mutant flew back from the blow and landed hard on the ground. Laila released a breath she didn't realize she was holding and it was like she was snapped back to reality. It had been a little too close for comfort for her, the sharp teeth right in her face... But she wouldn't admit that. She had to be strong. "If they didn't know already know we were here, they definitely know now."

beginning of the end: the first mission Demon-1beginning of the end: the first mission Riyo__rl__by_andralexis-d32uv6f300

Arriving at the exit, Anatasia quickly moved to the left side of the door, her pistol ready in hand before motioning the reptile to the right and the feral stay stationed between them. With Rayna facing the door, her uzi cocked, the demon placed her hand to the door before slowly pushing it open. All eyes were focused on the hallway that lay before them, a large amount of bodies covering the floor. "Alright, it's clear. Let's move."

Stepping inside carefully, the demon took a moment to observe the battered bodies. There were way too many for it to be the work of just one mutant. It looked as if their mission had just gotten more complicated. "This was not the work of one mutant," she spoke before trying to reach the human on the comm link.

Rayna let out a small chuckle at the comment of the demon. "Even better."

Turning to the feral, Anatasia expressed a look of annoyance. "This is serious. You must focus." Tapping once more on her comm link, she let out a small sigh before looking back to her team. "Comms aren't working. We're on our own, but we will continue this mission. Move forward."

There was only one way to go - forward. The hallways seemed to lead on forever and the feral was starting to get impatient. There was no excitement, no mutants, no bodies. They had obviously not even been on that floor yet. When was she going to get some action?

Anastasia held her pistol to her side with both hands as they continued walking. Her sword rested upon her back as hopefully she wouldn't be getting in any close contact with the mutants. Sensing the feral's restlessness, the demon eyed the cat, her eyes scolding. This cat would be the death of her. It was like babysitting a child. She was honestly the best the ferals had to offer? With a quiet sigh, she looked to the reptile, focused as they all should have been. "Why haven't we encountered them yet? I haven't heard a single sound." She questioned the reptile.

Back to top Go down
https://anewgenesis.board-directory.net
Ninja77

PostSubject: Re: beginning of the end: the first mission   beginning of the end: the first mission I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:44 am

beginning of the end: the first mission Lizard10

Reptile is the most dangerous member of this team of misfits, with his powerful destructive jaws, razor sharp teeth & claws, regenerative abilities, tough scaly skin and his reptilian tail which is just as dangerous as the rest of him, not to mention that he has the ability to survive in water as well as on land and even with all these attributes even he's starting to give this mission a second thought. so standing there in the lower levels of this facility running on a back up generator in the mist of a mutant out break with no mutants no where to be found, reptiles demon leader asks him with a puzzled look on her face "why haven't we encountered any mutants yet?" with reptile being the smartest member of this unit, even he didn't know the answer to this mystery. so with a sound of regret in his voice he replies " this behavior is unusual for mutants, there known for scavenging about looking for food, constantly feeding. I'm sorry but i am unable to give you any assistance on this matter"

the farel starts to get more impatient and hates standing around talking about what may be going on so she decides that if we can't find any mutants that she'll bring the mutants to them. and so with a playful smile on her face Reyna lets out an echoing yell at the top of her lungs " ANY MUTANTS DOWN HERE?!" with a frighteningly sudden look of shock on the faces of reptile and demon from the carelessness of Rayna's impatience on the battle field in the face of death with the lives of her teamates on the line anastasia quietly shouts "have you lost your feral mind!? doing somthing so stupid can get us all killed!"

while staring into the eyes of a demon the feral boldly replies "i was just trying to get some mutants for us to kill, thats why were here right?" regaining her composure the demon replies "yes that's why were here, to nuetralize a mutant threat, but theirs a right way of doing it and a wrong way, and yelling into a dark hallway with who knows how many mutants are down here is going to get us killed. so you going to keep your mouth shut until i say otherwise, understood?" with a rebellious look in her eyes and a sarcastic tone in her voice she smiles and says "yes ma'am" Reptile thinks to himself, humm i wonder whats more dangerous, the mutants? or rayna's attitude? with the team being unable to contact the other team members or figure out what's going on, the feral's noticeably growing frustration towards not encountering any mutants yet , reptiles uneasy concerns about the explanation of the lack of mutants so far and the demons ability to lead the team to safety while they still move forward with the mission in hopes of rejoining the rest of the team.
Back to top Go down
Ninja77

PostSubject: Re: beginning of the end: the first mission   beginning of the end: the first mission I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:55 am

meanwhile with Bishop's team, the vampire laila just engaged a mutant in deadly combat and survived by putting an exploding bullet right between the yes of that once human person. with the smell of danger still in the air and bullet shells on the floor next to a near headless mutant drone still thrashing about like a fish out of water. with a calm and collective manner wolf grins and proceeds ahead while saying.

beginning of the end: the first mission Images11
"it's just having convulsions, it's a common thing after the body dies. the next mutant is mine, after all i can't let you have all the fun now can i". the wolf takes point as the team move close and closer to the center of the facility but at least now they now that there not alone down here but that's still not a good thing but it's the reason why they were here, it's their job. as wolf leads the team down the dark corridor leading to who knows what. suddenly wolfs senses pick up sounds unfamiliar to him and now laila is hearing them too. but now they are coming from behind them too. now shadows are rapidly moving on the walls which could only mean one thing.

beginning of the end: the first mission Tourin14
"I'ts and ambush!!"
yells bishop while the team stands back to back drawing on their weapons and letting there bullets fly from there chambers directly to the brains of the mutants that are frantically rushing towards them in a rage of blood lust while letting out a blood curdling shriek. with excitement in his eyes wolf shouts out " i don't know where there all coming from but lets send them back!" soon the place smells like gunfire and blood, there are so many mutants rushing them that the have to climb over the fallen mutants that went before them but there seems to be no end in sight of these mutants. bishop notices that there's something terribly wrong here. their killing every mutant in sight but it there's still something wrong. the mutants are getting closer and closer, soon they'll be over run and there already getting low on bullets as the blood runs all over the floor and start to fill the walls red. Bishop knows for sure that if these keeps up that there gonna die here but that thought hasn't occurred to the rest of his team yet as they fire relentlessly into the horde of charging mutants wit ha smile on there faces as they lose themselves in the battle and give into the bloodlust.

if bishop doesn't do something something quick him and his team will surely parish a horrible death. as bishop begins to look for a way out he notices a ceiling hatch he orders laila to open that hatch while he covers her. but she's so into the battle that she refuses to run away. bishop takes a frag grenade and throws it into the horde and takes cover, theirs a big explosion and body parts fly past them as blood rains down onto them. Bishop tells leila again to go for the hatch but this time he says "it's an order! now do it!"

leila jumps for the hatch while Bishop covers her, she manages to open the hatch and climb into it, she then extends her hands to bishop who jumps up into the hatch and now wolf is down there by himself with two guns in his hands facing in both directions firing away. bishops yells at wolf to come on and get up here but wolf is to busy having fun killing the mutants. bishop takes two more grenades and throws them into the crowds then extends his hands to pull up wolf. wolf is in a bad mood not that his fun has ended but now he's safe with the rest of his team as they all look down at the wave of mutants trying to reach them up above, bishop take one more frag grenade and drops it down into the crowd then starts crawling ahead going over the heads of all the ravenous mutants awaiting to tear them all limb from limb below them.

bishop and his team finally reach their destination after minutes of crawling through the air vents. they crawl over the main lab filled with stasis chambers and a large heavy duty cages, there seems to be no mutants in sight which is very peculiar cuz this is ground zero for the out break. as they drop done from the vent wolf and laila quickly secure the exits while Bishop checks the computers to search trough the entry logs to see what exactly these people were working on down here cuz something doesn't add up for bishop, while searching the files he finally sees what he's been searching for, a file named project queens gambit but the video file seems to be much more shocking than he could have ever imagined. upon seeing the video footage in the archives a chill goes right through him and down his spine at the realization of the magnitude that was taking place in this laboratory. he couldn't believe what he was witnessing, he decides to copy the files to a portable flash drive. wolf and laila notice that bishop has been very quiet, so wolf calls to bishop. "hey bishop, you find anything over there?" Bishop replies with a single bead of sweat going down his face and with a sound of fear behind his words he says " i found out what the scientist were working on, apparently they've been working on a way to eliminate the mutant queen wolf says with a sound of joy " well isnt that a good thing? about time they started working on something" "they thought that the best way to fight the queen was to make a queen of their own" wolf and laila both looked at bishop with disbelief in there eyes.

"what the fuck do you mean make a queen of there own, what the fuck kind of plan is that?" wolf asks [color=brown]"actually it's a plan made out of desperation. the council figured that we were loosing this war so they decided to even things out by trying to divide the enemies ranks by introducing a second queen to the hive. with two queens in a single hive it will be a civil war and with the hive divided either three things will happen. either the two queens will wear each other down and at that point will just come in and take them both out or the two queens will kill each other or the queen we made kills the other queen and the war is over without another casualty and were left with a queen and her hive under our control, replies bishop with a conflicted look on his face.

"and what happens if the two queens decide to work together huh? what happens to us all then? were fucked that's what!" says wolf.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: beginning of the end: the first mission   beginning of the end: the first mission I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

beginning of the end: the first mission
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A New Genesis :: A New Genesis :: Storytime-
Jump to: